Minnesota American Legion Riders
Our objective is to support the aims and purposes of the American Legion, through service to our Community, State and Nation. These include:
- Participation in the annual POW/MIA Rally held each Memorial weekend in Washington D.C. known as "Rolling Thunder".
- Sponsoring or participating in local Charity events.
- Raising money for such organizations as local VA Hospitals, Battered Women and Children's Center, Varied Children and Youth programs, a School for Blind Children, Veterans Relief, Needy families and many, many others.
- Sponsoring or participating in motorcycle "Runs" to benefit numerous charities, including charities for underprivileged children and medical research, just to name a few.
- Participation in memorial ceremonies and community parades.
The American Legion Riders of Minnesota has slowly formed chapters in the intervening years. In 2010, through the work of various members, the Minnesota American Legion Riders were formed. The intent is to join all state chapters to support the primary fundraising activity the American Legion Riders have been tasked with.
The American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund
The American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund was set up to help children attend higher education institutions after they are suddenly a single parent home since September 11, 2001. Every year the American Legion Riders ride to the national convention to raise money for the Fund. The Minnesota American Legion Riders are going to contribute to that by having our own ride to raise money for the Fund.
For More Information, please check out our National ALR website.